The mission of the CPMS Working Group, co-led by Save the Children & Terre des hommes, is to support technical standard setting and to promote the use and integration of the child protection minimum standards while learning from their use and improving them.
1. Purpose of the Child Protection Minimum Standards Working Groups
To support standard setting and promote the use and integration of the CPMS while learning from their use and improving them.
The Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (CPMS) Working Group guides the development and use of the CPMS. The CPMS were finalised in September 2012. Over 400 individuals from 30 agencies in over 40 countries--child protection practitioners, humanitarian actors from other sectors, academics, and policy makers--were involved in their development.
2. Key Priorities
- Oversee the revision of the CPMS (the 2nd edition).
- Support institutionalisation and integration of the CPMS within humanitarian agencies' internal policies and practices.
- Build capacity to understand and use the CPMS through a CPMS video series, development of an e-course, and technical support.
- Ensure all resources are translated into Arabic, French, and Spanish.
3. Key Tools and Resources
- Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (CPMS)
- CPMS Contextualization How-to Package
- CPMS Country Consultation Toolkit
- CPMS Frontline Workers Training Package
- CPMS Implementation Case Studies and Mainstreaming Case Studies Series
- CPMS Rollout Package
- CPMS Video Series
- Guidelines for Translating the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action
- Humanitarian Standards Partnership Mobile App
- Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action Briefing Notes to Ensure Child Protection Mainstreaming
4. Working Group Member Organisations
- BIFERD (DRC)
- Child Soldiers International
- Columbia University
- CPC Network
- Danish Refugee Council
- Geneva Call
- Global Partnership to End VaC
- International Federation of Red Cross/Red Crescent
- Islamic Relief
- KCS Coalition
- Nirengi Association
- Save the Children
- Terre des hommes
- WarChild NL
- WarChild UK
- World Vision
5. Contact Details
- Susan Wisniewski, Terre des hommes: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minja Peuschel: email@example.com
|The Humanitarian Standards Partnership app (HSPapp) provides user-friendly access to global humanitarian standards on mobile devices.|
|The CPMS are recognized as Companion Standards to the Sphere Project’s Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Humanitarian Response.|